How SEO friendly is phpwcms in **** to others ?

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
gdev

How SEO friendly is phpwcms in **** to others ?

Post by gdev »

Hey all ..

I'm just wondering if anyone of you has experience and or knows to what extend it is possible to be Search engine optimized.

I've heard that some people think that phpwcms is more seo friendly for instance than joomla / mambo ... If this is true, then can anyone explain to me the differences and why this would be so ?

Thanks in advance..
Gdev..
trip

Post by trip »

SEF friendly url's can be customised in different ways...
all search engines read this differently...
Therefor there is no real guideline for SEF friendly url's

the best SEO takes the form of good content, your search engines have very complicated URL's to detect all of this and place your site high depending on the key words you target

SEF url's are only one aid for SEO.

TriP
gdev

Post by gdev »

Yes I understand that, but I've heard that for instance the google crawler has problems digging further than the index page on a mambo / joomla site. It seems to have something to do with the way the cms builds up the page. With those cmssses I mentioned the site also uses only 1 template (default that is) and while I am new to phpwcms, it looks like every single page in phpwcms is standalone and can have a different template (correct me if I am wrong).

Gdev
trip

Post by trip »

Hi
yes you can use a new template for everypage... can be very cumbersom if you have a large site.

SEF url's how deep...
I think this has to do with how you do or structure your website.

TriP