Userpanel CP

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
phalancs

Situation and future

Post by phalancs »

Hi everybody, some thoughts of mine:

The major problem that exists at the moment is connected to the new versions of phpwcms. I am not sure if either the userpanel or the registration panel make sense anymore (this is why i waited so long with its release, btw.):

As long as there was the possibility to activate the thing in the backend to limit structures to specific users, the userpanel was pretty helpful, but in the newer versions of phpwcms this feature does not exist anymore (the user selection box).

Hmm, what should the userpanel and the registration now be for? What can be the benefit of a registration if you cannot use the membership?

Well, this is why I did not yet change to the newest version... and this is also why I am not sure about what to do with both projects. Its sad to always wait for an official solution, adapt interim solutions and readapt them over and over again. Hmmmmmm

Hey Oliver, I know your solution will be better, but as long as there is none, an interim thing is by far better than nothing!
erich_k4

Re: Situation and future

Post by erich_k4 »

hi phalancs!

you are right, it's sometimes not easy going with "our" phpwcms-system...

Because a customer of mine needs a user control mechanism and your solution does'nt work as expected with the 1.2.8 i started writing my own solution.

Here are some screenshots of the current developmentstate:

Article Rights Management

Structure Level Rights Management

User Groups

Group Management

backend integration ist almost ready....,

For a time frame: customer project starts in 2 or 3 weeks so user rights management should be working then...

maybe we could melt your userpanel and my user rights management together...

what do you think?
Last edited by erich_k4 on Fri 29. Sep 2006, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
Erich
cyrano

Post by cyrano »

Erich,

i guess you set a HOT topic here ;-)
Gruß/ regards cyrano
--------------------------------------------------------
templates -> http://www.128.weitzelmedia.de
planepix -> http://www.planepix.de
XING -> https://www.xing.com/profile/Thomas_Weitzel3
rushclub

Post by rushclub »

WOHOOO!!!
thaaat looks really impresssssive :)

rush
3 (!) Jahre warten reichen mir. Ich bin erst mal weg.
pepe

Post by pepe »

would'nt it be worth, a new topic???

Great.... but as i know OG .... it's not HIS soup.... and another great MOD whithout a chance, to come into the stable code of phpWCMS :cry: :roll: :cry:

But... if you need a betatester??? ..... i'm "your man" :lol:
phalancs

Post by phalancs »

Hey Erich, this is great and might be the perfect completion for the registration-panel and the userpanel.

>maybe we could melt your userpanel and my user rights management >together...
>what do you think?

Yes, this is exactly what I think, do you have an instant messaging tool installed? I send you a PM :)

---------

Besides that:
Anyways i am sad, because we have a lot of promising solutions that face the problems almost everybody in this community has with phpwcms (lack of user management, registration, login...), but apparently none of them go into the main release....

Well as I mentioned before, If there is not going to be some serious development in this respect (directed at oliver), this CMS will finally lose reputation. And I think that if there were no users like ErichK4, JensZ, breitsch, Fulvio, or shiny it would not even be where it is right now.

After all, I somehow love this CMS and, dont be mad oliver, I only write this criticism because I care.
fardilha

Post by fardilha »

phalancs wrote:Besides that:
Anyways i am sad, because we have a lot of promising solutions that face the problems almost everybody in this community has with phpwcms (lack of user management, registration, login...), but apparently none of them go into the main release....
I have to agree.
As a "middle-user" my skills are quite limited and I never wanted to complain about this great cms.
In fact I migrate all my previous sites to this tool (free for my costumers) just because I like it so much.
My main problem is that more and more the lack of a proper user management is making it difficult to explain to them.

My sites start to save some complexity and the costumers "demand" user areas.
Right now there's no way I can do it except if phalancs and Erich finish their work.
Otherwise for the first time, since I found phpwcms I'll have to use other tool to make my sites.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe this is the best cms that exist, but I can't say to a costumer any longer "no, it doesn't do that!"

Pedro Fardilha
juergen

Post by juergen »

Its worth patching any code ... groups ....

grandpas, customer, friends ... all in the same site ..great!

This looks like 1.2.8 backend ... am I wrong ?

//Edit ... 1.2.8 :shock: :D
erich_k4

Post by erich_k4 »

Some news on the user rights management thing:

Frontend rights (structure levels visible/not visible, articles visible/not visible) for Users and Groups ist working :D

and

phalancs userpanel combined with my user rights management also works :D

NOTE:
NO code changes are necessary for the userpanel to work with user rights management
:!:

so stay tuned .... :
Erich
tinoo

Post by tinoo »

erich_k4 wrote:so stay tuned .... :

Yeeeeeessssss - we will!

BTW: Did someone talk to Oliver recently? He is working on a user management thing as well, isn't he? Someone should check. Just to make sure that erich&friends don't "waste" their time and two weeks later OG will publish phpwcms 1.3 with everything in it... :wink:
Greetz, tinoo
pepe

Post by pepe »

tinoo wrote:...... and two weeks later OG will publish phpwcms 1.3 with everything in it... :wink:
oh tinoo.... what do you dream the nights over???? :lol:

But.... by the way.... would be GREAT :wink:
tinoo

Post by tinoo »

com'on guys: hope dies last :lol:
Greetz, tinoo
pepe

Post by pepe »

hi tinoo,

..... hope is my second prename :lol: :lol: :lol:
tinoo

Post by tinoo »

hi pepe

so we share the same second prename... :wink:

btw: i'm quite happy with "phpwcms 1.2.8 patch G" at the moment... but i'm hungry for more and this userthing looks good..... yummi....
Greetz, tinoo
joransrb

Post by joransrb »

looking forward for updates on this...