Problem with clean install

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
error_404

Problem with clean install

Post by error_404 »

Hello community I would like to ask the experts or somebody with the same problem for help that I'll appreciate!

PHP Info
--------BEGIN HERE-------------
System Linux server.hostingoffice.us 2.6.9-42.0.2.EL #1 Tue Aug 22 23:56:05 CDT 2006 i686
Build Date Sep 21 2006 03:18:02
Configure Command './configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--with-pgsql' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-ldap' '--with-iconv' '--with-kerberos' '--with-pspell' '--with-imap' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-gettext' '--with-xml' '--with-dom' '--with-dom-xslt' '--with-dom-exslt' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--with-curl' '--with-swf=/usr/local/flash' '--enable-ftp' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-ttf' '--with-freetype-dir' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-ming=../ming-0.2a' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-pear' '--enable-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot=/usr' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-zlib' '--with-openssl' '--with-bz2' '--enable-dba' '--with-flatfile' '--with-db4' '--enable-dbase' '--enable-exif' '--enable-wddx' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-dio' '--enable-sysvsem' '--with-mhash' '--with-readline' '--with-zip'
Server API Apache
Virtual Directory Support disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini
PHP API 20020918
PHP Extension 20020429
Zend Extension 20050606
Debug Build no
Zend Memory Manager enabled
Thread Safety disabled
Registered PHP Streams php, http, ftp, https, ftps, compress.bzip2, compress.zlib
--------------END HERE------------------

Server Info
--------------BEGIN HERE----------------
Server name server
WWW directory /home/user/public_html
Root directory /home/user
Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl
Perl modules Click to view
Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)
MySQL version 4.1.21-standard
PHP version 4.4.4
PHP info Click to view
PERL version 5.8.7
Kernel version 2.6.9-42.0.2.EL
Machine Type i686
cPanel version 10.9.0-STABLE-38
----------------END HERE---------------

I create an a MySQL DB with this:

MySQL DB: db_phpwcms
user: user_phpwcms
password: *********
Granted permissions on MySQL database db_phpwcms to MySQL user user_phpwcms

I create a test.php from some forums that I found:

Code: Select all

<?php
$db_host="localhost";
$db_user="user_phpwcms";
$db_pass="*******";
$db_name="db_phpwcms";
$link=mysql_connect($db_host,$db_user,$db_pass) or die("Kann nicht mit der Datenbank verbinden!");
//Datenbank auswahlen
$res=mysql_select_db($db_name,$link) or die("Konnte die Datenbank '$db_name' nicht auswahlen!");
echo "Datenbankverbindung steht ($db_host,$db_user,$db_pass) und Datenbank $db_name wurde ausgewahlt.<br>Nun legen wir eine Tabelle an:<br><br>";
$res=mysql_query("CREATE TABLE `test` (`id` int(11) unsigned not null AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY ) TYPE=MyISAM;") or die("konnte die Tabelle nicht anlegen");
echo "Tabelle wurde angelegt, jetzt wird sie wieder geloscht:<br>";
$res=mysql_query("DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `test`") or die("konnte die Tabelle nicht loschen");

?>
but still get an error:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'user_phpwcms'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/user/public_html/test_mysql.php on line 6
Kann nicht mit der Datenbank verbinden!
Any ideas because I would like to install this kind of CMS I like it, but.... :(

On step 1 on the installation I get:

Please proof your database settings. There might be some mistakes!

and on the upper side:
Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/user/public_html/setup/setup.php on line 58
After when I:
Charset: UTF-8
MySQL host: localhost
DB user: user_phpwcms
DB password: ********
DB name: db_phpwcms
DB table prefix: [none], but I try all variations
use persistent db con: [checked]
create all db tables: [checked]

when I click to send db data I receive:
Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user 'user_phpwcms'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/user/public_html/setup/setup.php on line 54

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/user/public_html/setup/setup.php on line 58
SOLUTION: NEVER EVER USE A SPECIAL CHARACTERS FOR AN A PASSWORD FIELD!!!!
Last edited by error_404 on Tue 10. Oct 2006, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.
juergen

Post by juergen »

Hmmm... perhaps your provider disliked persistent connects...

there is in php.ini:

[MySQL]
; Allow or prevent persistent links.
mysql.allow_persistent = On

So first of all try the one without persistent.

If you have root access, perhaps it might be worse to check if the mysql server is started at all :wink:

Jürgen
error_404

Post by error_404 »

Thank you I'll check and post the solution here!
P.S. On this server I don't have an a root accessI'm with the reseller account on it!
error_404

Solution!

Post by error_404 »

But still have an a problem:
http://www.domain.com/login.php is working fine

but

http://www.domain.com or http://www.domain.com/index.php give it to me this kind of error:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/user/public_html/index.php on line 112
After I go to LOGIN screen perhaps is detect my country -> BULGARIA
And I need to login twice, so please how to remove this!
I explain:
1. I type on the address bar on my browser
http://www.domain.com/login.php
2. The Login screen appears but with some stupid characters that ARE NOT native BULGARIAN (cyrillic) characters.
3. I fill username (administrator) and password (*******)
NOTE: The button of SUBMIT is shown as:
@#$><input name =
It's strange that the browser shown BULGARIAN in UTF-8 and the BULGARIAN character set is WINDOWS-1251, so if you force your browser to shown WINDOWS-1251 everything is OK
4. If you enter the USERNAME and PASSWORD via UTF-8 character set explained in item 3 you need to LOGIN again changing the country to ENGLISH, but if you are smarty and change the character set to WINDOWS-1251 [in IE view->encoding->Cyrillic (Windows)] you in the game!
5. But on the next screen that is an administrator screen you have the same problem: BULGARIAN characters are shown like an a alien symbols and you need to change again the encoding of your browser to view the correct characters!

So the question is how to force PHPWCMS to display the login screen in ENGLISH!
Last edited by error_404 on Tue 10. Oct 2006, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
error_404

2 more problems ;( sorry

Post by error_404 »

When I try to go to file center and click:
private files or public files and want to create an a folder it give it to me:
On Internet Explorer:
The resource cannot be displayed
The resource you are looking for cannot be opened by your browser.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 406 - Not acceptable
Internet Explorer
On Mozilla Firefox:
Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /phpwcms.php could not be found on this server.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at http://www.*******.com Port 80
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing is that when I write an article and try to inser link the dialog box appear but in BULGARIAN not in ENGLISH!
The problem is that the entire site when I choose ENGLISH as an language for the administration is in ENGLISH only the editor is in BULGARIAN! pfu
In the editor when you try to update the pictures the edito is displayed in BULGARIAN again, and when you try to upload an a image via edito the script debugger in IE appear and show me this error:
Line: 39
Char: 2004
Error: 'FCK EditorDocument' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: about:blank
This occurs when you try to work via IE.
Yes I know use Mozilla...;)

When I change to SPAWN (editor) and in Mozilla Firefox appears:
THE ENTIRE PHP CODE of editor and on the bottom appears the EDITOR!!!

On Internet Explorer is the same situation:

Code: Select all

array( 'title' => 'Cut' ), 'copy' => array( 'title' => 'Copy' ), 'paste' => array( 'title' => 'Paste' ), 'undo' => array( 'title' => 'Undo' ), 'redo' => array( 'title' => 'Redo' ), 'image_insert' => array( 'title' => 'Insert image', 'select' => 'Select', 'delete' => 'Delete', // new 1.0.5 'cancel' => 'Cancel', 'library' => 'Library', 'preview' => 'Preview', 'images' => 'Images', 'upload' => 'Upload image', 'upload_button' => 'Upload', 'error' => 'Error', 'error_no_image' => 'Please select an image', 'error_uploading' => 'An error occured while handling file upload. Please try again later', 'error_wrong_type' => 'Wrong image file type', 'error_no_dir' => 'Library doesn\'t physically exist', 'error_cant_delete' => 'Delete failed', // new 1.0.5 ), 'image_prop' => array( 'title' => 'Image properties', 'ok' => ' OK ', 'cancel' => 'Cancel', 'source' => 'Source', 'alt' => 'Alternative text', 'align' => 'Align', 'left' => 'left', 'right' => 'right', 'top' => 'top', 'middle' => 'middle', 'bottom' => 'bottom', 'absmiddle' => 'absmiddle', 'texttop' => 'texttop', 'baseline' => 'baseline', 'width' => 'Width', 'height' => 'Height', 'border' => 'Border', 'hspace' => 'Hor. space', 'vspace' => 'Vert. space', 'error' => 'Error', 'error_width_nan' => 'Width is not a number', 'error_height_nan' => 'Height is not a number', 'error_border_nan' => 'Border is not a number', 'error_hspace_nan' => 'Horizontal space is not a number', 'error_vspace_nan' => 'Vertical space is not a number', ), 'hr' => array( 'title' => 'Horizontal rule' ), 'table_create' => array( 'title' => 'Create table' ), 'table_prop' => array( 'title' => 'Table properties', 'ok' => ' OK ', 'cancel' => 'Cancel', 'rows' => 'Rows', 'columns' => 'Columns', 'css_class' => 'CSS class', // <=== new 1.0.6 'width' => 'Width', 'height' => 'Height', 'border' => 'Border', 'pixels' => 'pixels', 'cellpadding' => 'Cell padding', 'cellspacing' => 'Cell spacing', 'bg_color' => 'Background color', 'background' => 'Background image', // <=== new 1.0.6 'error' => 'Error', 'error_rows_nan' => 'Rows is not a number', 'error_columns_nan' => 'Columns is not a number', 'error_width_nan' => 'Width is not a number', 'error_height_nan' => 'Height is not a number', 'error_border_nan' => 'Border is not a number', 'error_cellpadding_nan' => 'Cell padding is not a number', 'error_cellspacing_nan' => 'Cell spacing is not a number', ), 'table_cell_prop' => array( 'title' => 'Cell properties', 'horizontal_align' => 'Horizontal align', 'vertical_align' => 'Vertical align', 'width' => 'Width', 'height' => 'Height', 'css_class' => 'CSS class', 'no_wrap' => 'No wrap', 'bg_color' => 'Background color', 'background' => 'Background image', // <=== new 1.0.6 'ok' => ' OK ', 'cancel' => 'Cancel', 'left' => 'Left', 'center' => 'Center', 'right' => 'Right', 'top' => 'Top', 'middle' => 'Middle', 'bottom' => 'Bottom', 'baseline' => 'Baseline', 'error' => 'Error', 'error_width_nan' => 'Width is not a number', 'error_height_nan' => 'Height is not a number', ), 'table_row_insert' => array( 'title' => 'Insert row' ), 'table_column_insert' => array( 'title' => 'Insert column' ), 'table_row_delete' => array( 'title' => 'Delete row' ), 'table_column_delete' => array( 'title' => 'Delete column' ), 'table_cell_merge_right' => array( 'title' => 'Merge right' ), 'table_cell_merge_down' => array( 'title' => 'Merge down' ), 'table_cell_split_horizontal' => array( 'title' => 'Split cell horizontally' ), 'table_cell_split_vertical' => array( 'title' => 'Split cell vertically' ), 'style' => array( 'title' => 'Style' ), 'font' => array( 'title' => 'Font' ), 'fontsize' => array( 'title' => 'Size' ), 'paragraph' => array( 'title' => 'Paragraph' ), 'bold' => array( 'title' => 'Bold' ), 'italic' => array( 'title' => 'Italic' ), 'underline' => array( 'title' => 'Underline' ), 'ordered_list' => array( 'title' => 'Ordered list' ), 'bulleted_list' => array( 'title' => 'Bulleted list' ), 'indent' => array( 'title' => 'Indent' ), 'unindent' => array( 'title' => 'Unindent' ), 'left' => array( 'title' => 'Left' ), 'center' => array( 'title' => 'Center' ), 'right' => array( 'title' => 'Right' ), 'fore_color' => array( 'title' => 'Fore color' ), 'bg_color' => array( 'title' => 'Background color' ), 'design_tab' => array( 'title' => 'Switch to WYSIWYG (design) mode' ), 'html_tab' => array( 'title' => 'Switch to HTML (code) mode' ), 'colorpicker' => array( 'title' => 'Color picker', 'ok' => ' OK ', 'cancel' => 'Cancel', ), 'cleanup' => array( 'title' => 'HTML cleanup (remove styles)', 'confirm' => 'Performing this action will remove all styles, fonts and useless tags from the current content. Some or all your formatting may be lost.', 'ok' => ' OK ', 'cancel' => 'Cancel', ), 'toggle_borders' => array( 'title' => 'Toggle borders', ), 'hyperlink' => array( 'title' => 'Hyperlink', 'url' => 'URL', 'name' => 'Name', 'target' => 'Target', 'title_attr' => 'Title', 'a_type' => 'Type', // <=== new 1.0.6 'type_link' => 'Link', // <=== new 1.0.6 'type_anchor' => 'Anchor', // <=== new 1.0.6 'type_link2anchor' => 'Link to anchor', // <=== new 1.0.6 'anchors' => 'Anchors', // <=== new 1.0.6 'ok' => ' OK ', 'cancel' => 'Cancel', ), 'hyperlink_targets' => array( // <=== new 1.0.5 '_self' => 'same frame (_self)', '_blank' => 'new empty window (_blank)', '_top' => 'top frame (_top)', '_parent' => 'parent frame (_parent)' ), 'table_row_prop' => array( 'title' => 'Row properties', 'horizontal_align' => 'Horizontal align', 'vertical_align' => 'Vertical align', 'css_class' => 'CSS class', 'no_wrap' => 'No wrap', 'bg_color' => 'Background color', 'ok' => ' OK ', 'cancel' => 'Cancel', 'left' => 'Left', 'center' => 'Center', 'right' => 'Right', 'top' => 'Top', 'middle' => 'Middle', 'bottom' => 'Bottom', 'baseline' => 'Baseline', ), 'symbols' => array( 'title' => 'Special characters', 'ok' => ' OK ', 'cancel' => 'Cancel', ), 'templates' => array( 'title' => 'Templates', ), 'page_prop' => array( 'title' => 'Page properties', 'title_tag' => 'Title', 'charset' => 'Charset', 'background' => 'Background image', 'bgcolor' => 'Background color', 'text' => 'Text color', 'link' => 'Link color', 'vlink' => 'Visited link color', 'alink' => 'Active link color', 'leftmargin' => 'Left margin', 'topmargin' => 'Top margin', 'css_class' => 'CSS class', 'ok' => ' OK ', 'cancel' => 'Cancel', ), 'preview' => array( 'title' => 'Preview', ), 'image_popup' => array( 'title' => 'Image popup', ), 'zoom' => array( 'title' => 'Zoom', ), 'subscript' => array( // <=== new 1.0.7 'title' => 'Subscript', ), 'superscript' => array( // <=== new 1.0.7 'title' => 'Superscript', ), ); ?> 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to remove totally the entire BULGARIAN Language, please help and thanks in advance!

Please MODS move it to:
phpwcms Support
http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=1
and excuse me for the mistake!
DeXXus

Re: Solution!

Post by DeXXus »

error_404 wrote:give it to me this kind of error:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/user/public_html/index.php on line 112
http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=72541#72541
error_404 wrote:When I change to SPAWN (editor) and in Mozilla Firefox appears:
http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=73233#73233
error_404

Post by error_404 »

Many thanks to DeXXus.
This solutions is working fine now!
So can anyone help me with file center and with:
Thank you in advance!

----------EDIT-------------
@ pepe
I tried but yes you're right :evil:
Good article [http://peperkorn-online.de/installation-v1_2_1.phtml], but I don't speak German :roll:
Last edited by error_404 on Tue 10. Oct 2006, 19:30, edited 2 times in total.
pepe

Post by pepe »

$phpwcms['default_lang'] = 'de'; //default language

chang it to en :idea: Never tried it, but.....

conf.inc.php

EDIT:
OK.... i've tried it now, and NOTHING
:roll:
Mhhhh :?:
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

error_404 wrote:and with:
Thank you in advance!
The settings in "conf.inc.php" for this are superceded by "auto-detection" of browser setting for "encoding". Maybe try setting your browsers to a choice that is normally used for English-speaking users!
error_404 wrote:So can anyone help me with file center
This ~most likely~ browser "settings" too! Something to do with:
Accept-Charset: The character sets accepted by the client.
Accept-Encoding: The data encoding accepted by the client e.g. the file formats it understands.
Accept-Language: The natural languages (English, German etc.) accepted by the client.

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E406.html
error_404

Post by error_404 »

Hello DeXXus
Don't work :(
can you be more specific because I try almost everything and really I love from first sign this kind of CMS!
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

Sory I cannot be of more clear help.
The "language" discussion that was stuck in my mind took place here:

http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.p ... t+language

But, I'm not sure how YOU should proceed. perhaps TRY comparing two separate installations to see if browser acts consistently the same. One LOCAL to your computer and one on a webhost. Just a stab in the dark, because too many variables can affect this:
PHP version, PHP settings, Apache configuration, browser setttings, Browser add-ons, registry modifications, ETC., etc.