GT Mod Bug?!

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Rahner

GT Mod Bug?!

Post by Rahner »

This is my very useful error...:

Code: Select all

Warning: cannot yet handle MBCS in html_entity_decode()! in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/cms/include/inc_module/mod_graphical_text/inc_front/gt.func.inc.php on line 170
This error occures when i setup and save the gt style or use it in the frontend!
Strange: The GT Image with font appeares, but above this error...

I don't know why it does not work, i have not used special character text, and i have PHP 4.3.x GD2 and freetype support.

I hope that someone can help me!
juergen

Post by juergen »

Hello,

seems like PHP bug, dealing with charset as well:

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=25670

Never had this with my versions..... web4 : ist this your own server? Install higher php Version may help. First of all maybe iso-8859-1 may help.

greetz

Jürgen
Rahner

Post by Rahner »

DF6IH wrote:Hello,
Never had this with my versions..... web4 : ist this your own server? Install higher php Version may help. First of all maybe iso-8859-1 may help.
german?

web4 is my account not my server :D
"iso-8859-1" ? Now i use UTF-8...what are the effects when i change to iso-8859-1?

================================
I changed to iso-8859-1, but no effect, same error...
Rahner

Post by Rahner »

I solved the Problem by myself :lol:
But with the help of your link (thanks)!

For others with the same Problem:
Search in the "gt.func.inc.php" for

$text = html_entity_decode($text, ENT_QUOTES, $phpwcms["charset"]);
and replace it with

$text = html_entity_decode($text, ENT_QUOTES, "iso-8859-1");
juergen

Post by juergen »

Hi again ;)

I know web4 is web only.... in this case the low number "4" made me think so. Mostly you find here "web 12373766" Problems 8) :lol:

Juergen
Rahner

Post by Rahner »

I have a very good hosting partner, there is a maximum of 20 users per Server. So good Speed for everyone at every time.

Greetz
Rahner
lady_witchcraft

Post by lady_witchcraft »

thx @ rahner for the hint with the change in gt.func.inc.php - everything works fine now :D thx a lot BUT a new thing (i don't want to call it an error ) :lol:

the GT mod seems to be right for example the headlines of "normal" articles (top articles) but NOT for article listing... :cry:

i've used the GT RT in headlines of articles, but if the article should be shown for example on the mainpage in the teaser listing, the article disappears and breaks the whole pagedesign... i thought maybe the template of the article listing is the problem so i removed the h1 tag around the headline but nothing changed - maybe the GT mod and the TEASER_EX mod don't like eachother and block some functions?? just guessing :oops:

any ideas what happened? or is it like that, use the GT RT only for top articles???

thx for answers and suggestions in advance :wink:
... it's not bad luck, it's a bug ...
SNap

Post by SNap »

Rahner wrote:I solved the Problem by myself :lol:
But with the help of your link (thanks)!

For others with the same Problem:
Search in the "gt.func.inc.php" for

$text = html_entity_decode($text, ENT_QUOTES, $phpwcms["charset"]);
and replace it with

$text = html_entity_decode($text, ENT_QUOTES, "iso-8859-1");
why don't you just set the correct charset in config? ;)
'welcome to the real world!' datensysteme-lenk
SNap

Post by SNap »

lady_witchcraft wrote:thx @ rahner for the hint with the change in gt.func.inc.php - everything works fine now :D thx a lot BUT a new thing (i don't want to call it an error ) :lol:

the GT mod seems to be right for example the headlines of "normal" articles (top articles) but NOT for article listing... :cry:

i've used the GT RT in headlines of articles, but if the article should be shown for example on the mainpage in the teaser listing, the article disappears and breaks the whole pagedesign... i thought maybe the template of the article listing is the problem so i removed the h1 tag around the headline but nothing changed - maybe the GT mod and the TEASER_EX mod don't like eachother and block some functions?? just guessing :oops:

any ideas what happened? or is it like that, use the GT RT only for top articles???

thx for answers and suggestions in advance :wink:
where are you using the RT? in backend?
'welcome to the real world!' datensysteme-lenk