Beta2: News mod - RC4 valid

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
frold

Post by frold »

Jérôme wrote:In the PHP code, the Line has to look like the following:

Code: Select all

$query = "SELECT * FROM ".DB_PREPEND."phpwcms_news ORDER BY news_id";
And according to this anywhere else.
mod updated:.

In news.functions.inc

This changed:

$query = "SELECT * FROM phpwcms_news ORDER BY news_id";
To:

$query = "SELECT * FROM ".DB_PREPEND."phpwcms_news ORDER BY news_id";
http://www.studmed.dk Portal for doctors and medical students in Denmark
cmslover

Post by cmslover »

I installed the mod with RC3 with no problem. When I try to create a news article, I get this error:

Error in Query: INSERT INTO phpwcms_news SET title_news = 'HOT', category = 'Real estate', author_name = 'tran', story = '
What am I missing here?

Thanks
frold

Post by frold »

I have tested it on RC4 the release from 1th may....and it work on it...

I will update the mod tonight (I hope) - with a very cool feature made by Me, pSouper and another friend of mine... That let you browse in news in the frontend - very simpek but hard to get to work... :D :lol:

You can test a demo here:
http://www.instrukser.dk/rc4/newsmod.shtml
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

walking is very hard for fish ;)

if we knew more, we'd know it was simple.
GreenNuggs

Post by GreenNuggs »

Whoohoo! Let us know when its finished. I was going to starting using that mod more frequently. But I'll wait to touch it until the newer release comes out.

I've got a suggestion or two however if you are interested. Depending upon how you eventually wish this mod to be used.

#1 How about an expire function? That is, let the news item run for x many days, then get automatically deleted.

#2 Instead of forcing the use of the 3 seperate replacement tags, how about 1 replacement tag formatted similar to the {RELATED} tag where you can either specify the category of the news, how many items or how many items from the past x many days. Calling it by title is a bit misleading, as if this were latest news, wouldn't you want to have the item from within the article return the latest news in a category, not the latest news with a given title?

Just some ideas. If you need some help, let me know. I was about to add a replacement tag to the news.func.inc.php and news.functions.inc.php, but am going to hold off until you guys are finished with the new version.

Thanks for the great mod!
frold

Post by frold »

updated to beta2

##   2004-05-06 Change in news.list.tmpl so the newest news is listed first
##              Add a news_mod.php - now you can browse news in the frontend...
see installing instruction in the zip file

I have no plans to update this mod anymore.. if someone want to they are more then welcome to continue the work...The mod do the job I need..

If no ones find any errors I will make this stabel...
GreenNuggs

Post by GreenNuggs »

Thanks frold.

I saw in the upcoming updates posted by Oliver that he is going to add a content type"news" Anyone know if this is the same thing as this mod?
frold

Post by frold »

GreenNuggs wrote:Thanks frold.

I saw in the upcoming updates posted by Oliver that he is going to add a content type"news" Anyone know if this is the same thing as this mod?
I don´t think oliver use other peoples code - he makes things by himself -then he have the fully control
kelley

Post by kelley »

Hello,

I think I have mod news installed correctly. I added a table "phpwcms_news" and made the edits to phpwcms.php, content.func.inc.php and news_mod.php. But have a problem connection to MySQL!

I added a article and when I try and load that page I get this error

Warning: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/k/e/l/kelleylaw/html/include/inc_module/mod_news/inc_lib/news.functions.inc.php on line 11

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/k/e/l/kelleylaw/html/include/inc_module/mod_news/inc_lib/Warning: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/k/e/l/kelleylaw/html/include/inc_module/mod_news/inc_lib/news.functions.inc.php on line 11

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/k/e/l/kelleylaw/html/include/inc_module/mod_news/inc_lib/news.functions.inc.php on line 11
Error in query:SELECT * FROM phpwcms_news ORDER BY news_id on line 11
Error in query:SELECT * FROM phpwcms_news ORDER BY news_id

I change news.functions.inc.php to what Keules and Jerome stated and still get the same error.

Can someone let me know what is happening?

Thanks for the support

Kelley
frold

Post by frold »

Hmm

I have been stupid plz dont tell me... :oops: :oops:

I have deleted the file on my computer and the domain is deleted as well..

So if you have this file at your comp. please share it couse I need it - now :S

"Sometimes its good to clean up but sometimes you clean up to good"

Feel free to lol at me - Today its is Frold lol day