A HUGE Thumbs UP and big praise!

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
rookie

A HUGE Thumbs UP and big praise!

Post by rookie »

Hi all

You know, I have been searching for AGES for a good content management system that fits the needs of a poor female student like me, someone who really doesn't have either the .php knowledge nor time to fully learn the language.

I have a huge website with over seven thousand users running. And since maintenance was such a pain in the arse as I used html only, it was time to think of a means to enhance the site and make it a lot easier for me to administer my music fan base project.

I have downloaded so many cms systems in the past two weeks. Started out with mambo (a kid's portal?), which seems to be good and easy too, but not as flexible in terms of layout or handling. I knew instantly that it would require a ton of hacks and modifications in order to get the look and feel for my needs. It landed in the trash can. Then I started downloading a ton of other free cms software, some really nice like wordpress, cafelog, contenido, conpresso, xoops, postNuke, smarty and some that I've already forgotten...all of them lacked something when it boils down to user friendly functionality for the non programming savy such as myself.

So, while I do know that I ask many stupid questions, am incapable of using the search function right at all times and will most probably run into quite a few more issues that'll lead to yet another set of stupid posts by me, I'd like to give you, the brain children of this project a HUGE kudos. This is the BEST and easiest software I've come across. Respect :D

Maleika

PS: I hope I can show my appreciation in some form. I am poor, but at least I have studied English language/literature etc. at Uni (I am German by the way), so if I can be of help in terms of translating something for you or whatever, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Maleika[/list]
cmslover

Post by cmslover »

Welcome to the new world of cms, Maleika :P Not only Phpwcms is wonderful, but also people here are very nice and talent. You will get to know Oliver ( ofcourse ), Jerome, Frold, Pappnase, Jan121, Psouper, Ionrock and many others who generously share their knowledges, time and ideas. Thank you all from my heart!