Sidebars and alternate content

Use GitHub to post feature requests for phpwcms.
Ibis Fernandez

Sidebars and alternate content

Post by Ibis Fernandez »

I would like to see the implementation of sidebars so that certain articles may contain additional content perhaps by a different author or as alternative information.

The side bars could be added as a content part, but would only be rendered in an article page if a replacement tag such as {SIDEBAR} is present.

This would be a major improvement I think. Because we could write articles and perhaps include sidebars containing casefiles, bibliographies, related links, or additional tips etc relation to the articles the guest is reading. The side bar could be implemented on to the layout of the page so that its content can be displayed alongside the article on the left panel, right panel etc.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

please take a look at this.

http://www.phpwcms.de/index.php?id=21,0,0,1,0,0
Ibis Fernandez

Post by Ibis Fernandez »

Hmmm I dont see anything there relating to side bars and alternate content. What exactly are you attempting to bring to my attention?
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

but the feat. will come! that you can place content on other tabels!
savo

Any info when?

Post by savo »

IMHO this one is crucial.

Savo
Pappnase

Re: Any info when?

Post by Pappnase »

savo wrote:IMHO this one is crucial.

Savo
hello

why is this crucial?
Ibis Fernandez

Post by Ibis Fernandez »

I would say this is crucial because in western litterature it is common to include side lines, bibliographies, and perhaps even things like an interview with a persons in such a way that you present it with along with the main article, but not as part of the article itself. It's not only a way to present additional information, but it also helps to dress up the main content.

People like to read tutorials or chapters on a subject and on a side panel or alternate table have additional tips, notes, links to additional resources, or perhaps a case file file. The article by itself is great but I don't think any CMS out there has ever really has allowed for the power of sdebars and bibliographies.

I think this is most definatelly a crucial feature. Pick up any proffessional magazine or book, they all make use of sidebars because they allow for related content to be presented to the reader in a way that does not interfere with the objective of the main content, yet it allows for further information to be presented along the same lines, enriching the overall experience. Im sure savo and others will agree with me on this point.
cmslover

Post by cmslover »

I do, I agree with you. Definitely needed feature. Any idea anybody?
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

cmslover wrote:.... Any idea anybody?
hello

idea for what!?
Ibis Fernandez

Post by Ibis Fernandez »

Im pretty sure means... any ideas on "how to proceed."

I certaianinly am willing to help any way I can ;)