Help needed for Article when selecting Content Type: IMAGE

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
trapez

Help needed for Article when selecting Content Type: IMAGE

Post by trapez »

hi,
When I edit an article and I add the content, it will take me to a screen where I can select content type. When I select an IMAGE type and I click to browse for the image there is nothing there. I figured out that the script that does the lookup goes and queries a database: SELECT * FROM ".DB_PREPEND."phpwcms_file WHERE f_pid=".$_SESSION["imgdir"].............
Could anyone help me in understanding how that works?
THere is no interface to upload any images to the database. How do I make it work so I can select the image for that article content type?
Thank you so much if anyone can help me out.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

proof you db_pretend also did you use an updated phpwcms? if you run the upgrade.php in the setup script und upgrade you db!
trapez

Post by trapez »

Thanks for replying and trying to help.
I ran updated version and still when I browse for image i get the window with nothing there. HOw do I put the image to the database? What is going to insert that image there?
The table that the Select statement is looking for is there but there are no records there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
trapez

Post by trapez »

As a reference:
browser_image.php script is being invoked. That select statement is in there.
Thanks again for any help.
stevenlyons

Post by stevenlyons »

OK this is very basic info, but maybe you need to upload some images into the phpWCMS file system?

You do this in the backend by clicking "File" and then clicking on the tiny file upload icon on the right side of the screen (looks like an up arrow inside a 'u'). This took me forever to figure out.

Once you upload some images they will become available for the content parts: Image with Text, etc.
trapez

Still not clear..

Post by trapez »

You mentioned to upload an image file. I understand that but even if I do so the code still queries database for the image. It does not look for the image in a file system. I might be missing something but how would the info get to the database for the image to be retrieved.
Maybe somone understand that functionality and could help out more.
Thanks so much
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

Basic graphic file usage would go like this:

1. FTP some graphic files to directory "phpwcms_ftp"
2. Use FILE->ftp takeover to add files to directory structure(and database). Also create the thumbnails at the same time (or can be done later via edit).
3. Choose FILE->private files to view thumbnails and edit file info, make public (for other backend users), etc.
4. THEN use Article->images (content part) to click little folder icon (opens image browser).
5. Click little arrow icon to left of storage (root dir) to view subfolders and graphic files for selection. Successive clicking of arrow icons toggle view of folders & files for use in "content part".

That's it in a nutshell!
trapez

Thank you.

Post by trapez »

I really appreciate your help and thank so much for the response.
I was going through a code to figure it out but you saved a lot of my time.
Thank you again.