still waiting for the new release...

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
shocktone

still waiting for the new release...

Post by shocktone »

Hi Oliver,

this CMS is just perfect for me. Only one thing is missing: The extended template features and some minor things. As you told me it should be included in the new release.
We have been waiting for that for a long, long time now.
Some of us would like to use PHPWCMS professionally. But development is just too slow. Most of us would like to pay for PHPWCMS. Please think about that.

At the moment I would like to stick to PHPWCMS but if things stay like this I might change to Typo3, which I don't like too much cause it's too complex for most customers.

So why dont you try to find additional programmers ? Thats how its done with the other OS CMS.

Please turn this great concept into a mature product somehow-

Greetings Jens.
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

These issues have been coverd a number of times in this forus already.
in short (and as far as i know) Oliver is reluctant to include outside coders and code at the the current time. His reasoning for this is for security & stability. I also understand that once phpWCMS is in a state that Oliver considers appropriate there may be additional help welcomed.

At present there are many features that are simply not exploited fully by 'those that can' which would actually enable many of the feature requests to be written without affecting the core code and therefore may be developed by third parties.

until then...
Executter

Post by Executter »

Ey jetzt ma im Ernst, ist es möglich den voraussichtlichen
Release Termin zu sagen?
Ich warte täglich auf den Download und es tut sich nix.

Ich mein wenn es bis Weihnachten dauert, dann sagt das, damit ich mich darauf einrichten kann.... weihnachten 2010 ^^

----------------------------

Is it possibile to tell us the estimated release date ?
I'm still waiting for the new download, but nothing happens.

i think, if it takes till christmas, than say it. christmas 2010 ^^

(excuse my bad english)

Executter
Armin Rüdiger Vieweg
Design & Programmierung

snobba

Post by snobba »

You sound just a bit to hard Executter. Remember that it is for free! (so far) I am too longing for the new version and would be happy with some sort of timeframe. I've been starting to use other CMS's which is working great but still it is not phpwcms, and I bet when a new version is coming it will be an improvement. I hope, because now it is not really userfriendly...

Isn't there a chance to get some kind of beta version, so we can decide if we are going to wait for the new final version or look for an other CMS that more suits our needs? Or stick with phpwcms..

Some screenshots would also be of help and maybe calm the crowds down a bit..

Greetings from Snobba
isac

Post by isac »

snobba wrote:I've been starting to use other CMS's which is working great but still it is not phpwcms
:shock: do you?
snobba

Post by snobba »

Yeep, if I'm the main man to change the content I totally prefer phpwcms but when clients want to change content themselves alot I choose other solutions. Even not free-source systems. I think Phpwcms is just a bit 'strange' and small in the admin sections for some clients to understand.

I wonder if it is going to be more userfriendly?

Greetings from Snobba
isac

Post by isac »

@ snobba

which ones are your favorites?
I have articleManager from It but it's perl (buyed some years ago!)
Executter

Post by Executter »

The only CMS, which is so Template Friendly und functionally is TYPO 3
BUT this CMS is.... hehe... i would say VERY complicated ^^
and it takes over 30 MB webspace... ok it's an enterprise solution....
and i think if frontuser login etc. are working, and there are some kinds of modules, phpwcms is competitive to typo 3 ... AND very much easyer to handle.

"You sound just a bit to hard Executter." from snobba...
ok maybe in english the message was lost...
it should be more funny than hard.

(excuse my bad english)
Executter
Armin Rüdiger Vieweg
Design & Programmierung

snobba

Still no news?

Post by snobba »

Got it, Executter!

I also used Typo3 but it is a bit complexed I think..

One I also used is Redaxo which is a german competitor to phpwcms. This one is really back-end userfriendly and also uses your whole browserspace which is really good.

http://www.redaxo.de/

But it lacks some functions that phpwcms have and the template building is not as easy...

Still no date at ALL?? Anything?

/ Snobba
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

OK,

you all know that I still develope phpwcms. I'm not willing to share development and have to finish other projects too - saving my income. I wish I could build the next release very soon and as fast as I wish too. I have invested a lot of work in this system and it isn't perfect - we all know. Maybe other systems might be better for your needs - or your customers skills ;-)

I have many new ideas - more better concepts and such stuff. This all needs its time and is not done over night. There are some more minor changes in phpwcms that needs more time than I have planned when telling you about new release.

I will release another interim release within next days to keep you happy. So stay cool!

I have released many new features and functions over last year - and remember: phpwcms is available for just 1 year. If you speak about Typo3 or other systems look at how many people are working on these projects and for how long...

Ähm... ...still no date. But soon :)

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Executter

Post by Executter »

Amen.
Armin Rüdiger Vieweg
Design & Programmierung

snobba

Post by snobba »

Thanks Oliver! Totally understand you, and it is YOUR project and baby!

The thing is that we are like children, if you give them candy they just want more and more...And we love candy by now!

Looking forward to the next release, checking every hour...*hungry*

Thanks for your effort!

Greetings from Sweden
shocktone

Post by shocktone »

Oliver,

I totally understand your point of view. But as I mentioned, many of us are willing to pay some money for commercial use of phpwcms.
Wouldn't that be a solution for you ?
Please think about that.
I think everybody here is willing to pay about 20,- for new features and versions
Lets calculate with 5000 users (maybe too much) - That would be 100.000 !
Im pretty sure you could live pretty good with that amount of money.

Greetings Jens.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

I know,

but I have to finish other paid projects first ;-)

and it is not 1:1 (taxes).

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
shocktone

Post by shocktone »

Oliver,

you must make alot money! ;) Please keep on going with one of the best CMS. It's worth it!

Actually the only thing I really need urgently is the advanced template/menu system so I can copy the designers layout 1:1.

Greetings Jens.