Disappointed...

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
oeconom

Post by oeconom »

I'm still confused...
I read about the possibility of creating custom content blocks that will appear in the pull down menu when creating an article.
What about the conten blocks that are there, yet? The one for the "Hauptspalte", the {content} part is quite clear to me.
What about the other blocks you can choose (see screenshot at the end)?
I tried to take {RIGHT} to my standard template and to position some content of an article there, but the only thin that shows up on the site is {RIGHT}...

Please give me some advice, folks...!

Thanks,
FELIX

...alles wird gut!
still alive...
Experimenting with phpwcms and hoping to have time one day to get a site live... :wink:
One Site finished! :P
Ben

Post by Ben »

Felix,
You would have to place {RIGHT} in the text block for right in your template for content parts to show up there on the front-end. Custom content parts are created in page layouts. Then, when a template uses a page layout with custom parts, you will see additional text boxes in template. Take a look at this thread: http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5296
oeconom

Post by oeconom »

Ben, thanks!
I read this post a dozen times now :wink:
So, to get you right, the {RIGHT} Tag ist standard and not a custom one?!
I did what you described before, but only got the described result (assuming {RIGHT} is standard and not custom!).
Perhaps anyone could post some screenshots of a working example config.

Thanks again,
FELIX
...alles wird gut!
still alive...
Experimenting with phpwcms and hoping to have time one day to get a site live... :wink:
Ben

Post by Ben »

There are several screenshots in the thread that I referenced above. Sorry if my wording was a big hard to follow. {RIGHT} is not custom, but you have to actually place it somewhere in the template for it to be enabled. You could, theoretically place it in the left column if you really wanted to. After placing {RIGHT} in the right text area of the template, and ensuring that the page layout has the right column enabled and set to a width (200 px or so), then assign a content part to the right area and it should show up on the site.
oeconom

Post by oeconom »

ok, reading that, I assume to have done everything right...
here are my screenshots:

Thanks again,
FELIX
...alles wird gut!
still alive...
Ben

Post by Ben »

Felix, it looks like you've done everything correctly:
1. the pagelayout has the right column enabled and set to a width
2. you've added {RIGHT} to the right area of the template
3. you've assigned a content part to the RIGHT area of the page

From what you've shown in your screen shots, it should be working properly instead of actually listing the RT for RIGHT. It's like it isn't rendering the RT correctly. Maybe someone else out there has some ideas of what is going wrong.
oeconom

Post by oeconom »

Ben, thank you!
That let's me hope not to be the dumbest stupid user playing around... :wink:
Hopefully there'll be someone to help...!

Felix
...alles wird gut!
still alive...
Ben

Post by Ben »

I'll think about what could be going wrong while a take my hog out for a ride. :D