Path Problems

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
gpin75

Path Problems

Post by gpin75 »

I'm having a problem installing phpwcms under a directory. Everything is working however, when trying to edit using the FCKEditor phpwcms is trying to locate the included files from the site root (/) instead of the folder root (/school/). (SEE HERE)

In the config.inc.php file I have

Code: Select all

$phpwcms["root"] = "/school";
I did notice than when running through the setup, the default for that value is just the folder name

$phpwcms["root"] = "school";
with no leading slash. Setting the value as such, does fix the FCKEditor problem but creates another. (SEE HERE).

I am using the provided .htaccess file (dated: 18-04-2004) to do the .phtml rewrites (which works great) and have tried using the subdirectory routine - no affect.

I have tried the exact same scenario on two different servers, using the same permission and files. Both servers are running PHP 4.3.10, Apache 1.3. My development server works fine but the production server is having the problems.

So, my question to this great community group is, 1) any ideas on what the problem is - if it's something with the phpwcms configuration or 2) server configuration and 3) how can I force phpwcms to go to the "/school" directory when looking for the FCKEditor - assuming 1&2 aren't correctable?

ANY suggestions would be appreciated. The site's supposed to go live soon but I can't let it go with this issue. Thanks so much!
gpin75

also

Post by gpin75 »

Also wanted to mention I'm running the newest production release (Release 1.1-RC4 27-08-2004).
frold

Post by frold »

you can try to install this instead... http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4611
http://www.studmed.dk Portal for doctors and medical students in Denmark
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

please post your conf.inc.php without passwords!
gpin75

config.inc.php

Post by gpin75 »

Thanks for the mod link frold... I may look into once I get the FCKEditor working correctly.

Here is my config.inc.php file. This is setup with the /directory so everything is working except for the FCKEditor being pulled in (see above example one). Using the directory without the slash creates the second error (see above). To switch between problems the slash is the only thing I change.

<?php

// database values
$phpwcms["db_host"]           = "localhost";
$phpwcms["db_user"]           = "<na>";
$phpwcms["db_pass"]           = "<na>";
$phpwcms["db_table"]          = "<na>";
$phpwcms["db_prepend"]        = "";
$phpwcms["db_pers"]           = 1;

// site values
$phpwcms["site"]              = "http://www.mydomain.org";
$phpwcms["admin_email"]       = "webmaster@mydomain.org";

// paths
$phpwcms["root"]      	      = "/school";         //default: ""
$phpwcms["file_path"]         = "filestorage";    //default: "phpwcms_filestorage"
$phpwcms["file_tmp"]          = "tmp";     //default: "phpwcms_tmp"
$phpwcms["templates"]         = "template";    //default: "phpwcms_template"
$phpwcms["dir_thlist"]        = "thumb_list";   //default: "thumb_list"
$phpwcms["dir_preview"]       = "thumb_preview";  //default: "thumb_preview"
$phpwcms["content_path"]      = "content"; //default: "content"
$phpwcms["cimage_path"]       = "images";  //default: "images"
$phpwcms["ftp_path"]          = "ftp";     //default: "phpwcms_ftp"

// content values
$phpwcms["file_maxsize"]      = 2097152; //Bytes (50 x 1024 x 1024)
$phpwcms["content_width"]     = 538; //max width of the article content column - important for rendering multi column images
$phpwcms["img_list_width"]    = 100; //max with of the list thumbnail image
$phpwcms["img_list_height"]   = 75; //max height of the list thumbnail image
$phpwcms["img_prev_width"]    = 538; //max width of the large preview image
$phpwcms["img_prev_height"]   = 400; //max height of the large preview image
$phpwcms["max_time"]          = 1800; //logout after max_time/60 seconds

// other stuff
$phpwcms["compress_page"]     = 1; //0 = OFF, 1-9: page compression ON (1 = low level, 9 = highest level)
$phpwcms["imagick"]           = 2; //0 = GD,  1 = ImageMagick, 2 = ImageMagick 4.2.9
$phpwcms["imagick_path"]      = "/usr/bin"; //Path to ImageMagick (default="" - none)
$phpwcms["use_gd2"]           = 0; //0 = GD1, 1 = GD2
$phpwcms["rewrite_url"]       = 1;  //whether URL should be rewritable
$phpwcms["wysiwyg_editor"]    = 2;  //0 = no wysiwyg editor, 1 = HTMLarea, 2 = FCKeditor, 3 = browser based
$phpwcms["phpmyadmin"]        = 0;  //enable/disable phpMyAdmin in Backend
$phpwcms["default_lang"]      = "en";  //default language
$phpwcms["charset"]           = "iso-8859-1";  //default charset 'iso-8859-1'
$phpwcms["allow_remote_URL"]  = 0;  //0 = no remote URL in {PHP:...} replacement tag allowed, 1 = allowed
$phpwcms["gt_mod"]            = 0;  //0 = Graphical Text MOD disabled, 1 = enabled
$phpwcms["jpg_quality"]       = 75; //JPG Quality Range 25-100
$phpwcms["sharpen_level"]     = 1;  //Sharpen Level - only ImageMagick: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 -- 0 = no, 5 = extra sharp
$phpwcms["allow_ext_init"]    = 1;  //allow including of custom external scripts at frontend initialization
$phpwcms["allow_ext_render"]  = 1;  //allow including of custom external scripts at frontend rendering

// dynamic ssl encryption engine
$phpwcms["site_ssl_mode"]     = '0'; // tuns the SSL Support of WCMS on(1) or off (0) DEFAULT '0'
$phpwcms["site_ssl_url"]      = '';  //URL assigned to the SSL Certificate. DON'T add a slash at the End! Exp. "https://www.yourdomainhere.tld"
$phpwcms["site_ssl_port"]     = '443'; //The Port on which you SSL Service serve the secure Sites. Servers DEFAULT is '443'

// smtp values
$phpwcms['SMTP_FROM_EMAIL']   = 'webmaster@mydomain.org'; // reply/from email address
$phpwcms['SMTP_FROM_NAME']    = 'webmaster'; // reply/from name
$phpwcms['SMTP_HOST']         = 'localhost'; // SMTP server (host/IP)
$phpwcms['SMTP_PORT']         = 25; // SMTP-Server port (default 25)
$phpwcms['SMTP_MAILER']       = 'mail'; // default phpMailer: smtp, mail (default), sendmail
$phpwcms['SMTP_AUTH']         = 0; // sets SMTP_AUTH to ON/OFF
$phpwcms['SMTP_USER']         = ''; // default SMTP login (user) name
$phpwcms['SMTP_PASS']         = ''; // default SMTP password

// Try to check and uncomment the DOCUMENT_ROOT if you have problems
// often neccessary on IIS or default MacOS X webserver settings
// Do not use backslash "\" on Windows - always replace "\" by "/"
//$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']     = '';

?>
Karla

Post by Karla »

It might be your $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] that is either not uncommented or not set right because these values ~should~ be:

// site values 
$phpwcms["site"]              = "http://www.mydomain.org/";

// paths 
$phpwcms["root"]               = "school";         //default: ""
gpin75

Post by gpin75 »

Good idea, I haven't tried that yet. I set the $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] value and set the values as

// site values

// paths
no change... the folder isn't getting seperated from the domain so it 404's in the admin area... Any other ideas??
Karla

Post by Karla »

gpin75 wrote:Good idea, I haven't tried that yet. I set the $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] value and set the values as

// site values

// paths
no change... the folder isn't getting seperated from the domain so it 404's in the admin area... Any other ideas??
Make sure you move or copy "document_root.php" file to your webspace ROOT directory and run it. That will yield the string to place in $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']. Keep in mind that it should ~not~ have the word "school" as part of the entry for $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']
gpin75

Post by gpin75 »

I setup the document_root based off phpinfo()... I did double check with the document_root.php and everything matches up.
Karla

Post by Karla »