Type doesn't look fine - freetype 2 / GD Mod / -ttf-Fonts

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
jablonski

Type doesn't look fine - freetype 2 / GD Mod / -ttf-Fonts

Post by jablonski »

Hi Folks,

Just activated the graphical Text Mode. Very nice Idea!

But - the look of truetype font (.ttf) ist bad, especially the font "Thesis thesans" I want to use. They don't look like type I have created in photoshop with the same postscript font. The photoshop generated type looks much better. Now I want to use the Type 1 fonts on the webserver- but they didn't appear in the font list of phpwcms 1.2.1.

On my webserver there ist freetype 2 installed. Also GD 2 and Imagemagick. By default, FreeType 2 supports TrueType fonts, OpenType fonts AND Type 1 fonts.

Why can't I use Type 1 fonts in phpwcms when I upload them into the folder include/inc_module/mod_graphical_text/inc_fonts/ ?

Will postscript type 1 fonts show better results than ttf-fonts?

Greetings
Peter
pico

Post by pico »

Hi

the GT-Mod only supports TTF-Fonts - if you have your Font only as Type1 in a good quality then try to convert the Type-1 Font to TTF with Tools like Fontographer or Transtype - or search for a 'good' TTF-Font.
In conf.inc.php are some Variables for the Image-Quality - maybe you play a little with these - just a Idee haven't test it.
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board